Filing Complaints

Process for Filing Complaints

The Salish Kootenai College Catalog provides a process for filing a grievance:  Student Complaints and Grievance Procedure.

Students should follow this stepped procedure to present a complaint or grievance. This includes informal complaints or formal grievances.

In accordance with 34 CFT 668.43, the Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribes have confirmed that Salish Kootenai College is a “tribally controlled college or university” and has a process to review and appropriately act on complaints concerning the College.  The Tribal Council of the Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribes has designated the Salish Kootenai College Board of Directors as the entity to which complaints may be directed.

Salish Kootenai College Board of Directors
PO Box 70
Pablo, MT  59855

Complaints concerning broad institutional academic practices, such as those that raise issues regarding an institution’s ability to meet accreditation standards, may be filed with the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities:

Northwest Commission on College and Universities
8060 165th Avenue N.E., Suite 100
Redmond, WA  98052
(425) 558-4224

Complaints concerning consumer protection violations should be directed to the Montana Department of Justice Office of Consumer Protection.

Apply now and enjoy a unique educational experience that blends Western academic knowledge with Native American perspectives and practices. Benefit from smaller class sizes, personalized attention, and opportunities for hands-on learning and research. Join a supportive community that values cultural diversity and academic excellence, and prepare for a successful career and leadership role in your community. Apply today and start your journey towards a brighter future at SKC!