Office of the Academic Transfer Specialist
The Academic Transfer Specialist (ATC) is an integral part of the Admission Team and will generally assist with all transfer processes for students entering SKC with prior credits to be transferred or those matriculating out to graduate or other programs. The ATC will review transcripts and evaluate transfer credits; assist the SKC recruiter to develop strategies and materials to recruit transfer students; work with faculty to evaluate transcripts; represent the SKC Admissions Team at state meetings related to articulation as requested; and consult with academic departments regarding transfer requirements for all articulation agreements.
Transferring to SKC
When transferring to Salish Kootenai College please comply with the following guidelines.
- Apply and complete the SKC admissions process
- Request official transcripts from all past colleges you have attended (please note courses will be transferred in, only when, the official transcript is verified with admissions)
- Courses being transferred into SKC must be from a regionally accredited institution;
- Only courses with a grade of “C” or above can be transferred into SKC;
- Transfer courses are not included in the SKC Students grade point average (GPA);
- The number of credits that must be earned at SKC in addition to transfer courses: 15 credits for Certificates of Completion, 30 credits for Associate Degrees, and 60 credits for Bachelor Degrees.
- Academic departments may have specific time limits as to whether a course taken previously will apply to the degree.
- All students who have not previously completed 30 or more college credits with a grade of “C” or better are required to take the college placement assessment.
- As with all postsecondary institutions, SKC reserves the right to determine which courses transfer into SKC.
Transfer to Other Colleges or Universities
The Salish Kootenai College student who expects to transfer credits to any other institution of higher learning will be expected to meet the program requirements in effect at the institution to which the student transfers. Credits accepted for transfer into another institution are determined solely by that other institution. A student who plans to transfer to another college or university should:
- Meet with a transcript evaluator at the institution; and
- Maintain an SKC catalog and all course syllabi for all coursework in case the transcript evaluator at the other institution needs further detail of SKC courses.