Transfer of Credits
Transfer of Credits into SKC
Transfer Evaluation occurs with the Admission/Transfer Evaluator located in the Kenmille Building. Please note the following guidelines:
- Only courses with a “C” grade or above can be transferred into SKC;
- Transfer courses are not included in the grade point average (GPA) of the student at SKC;
- A minimum of 15 credits of a certificate; 30 credits of an associate degree; or 60 credits of a bachelor degree must be earned at SKC prior to graduation.
- As with any other institution of higher education, SKC reserves the right to determine courses for transfer into the College.
Transfer of Credits to Other Colleges
The Salish Kootenai College student who expects to transfer credits to any other institution of higher learning will be expected to meet the program requirements in effect at the institution to which the student transfers. Credits accepted for transfer into another institution are determined solely by that other institution. A student who plans to transfer to another college or university should:
- Meet with a transcript evaluator at the institution; and
- Maintain an SKC catalog and all course syllabi for all coursework in case the transcript evaluator at the other institution needs further detail of SKC courses.