Students who complete the Medical Billing, Coding, and Insurance Certificate of Completion will be prepared for employment in entry-level billing, coding, and insurance positions. Students are also prepared to take the billing and coding national certification exams.
According to the Montana Department of Labor and Industry, for Healthcare Support Occupations the current average salary in Montana is $34,160.
Upon completion of the Certificate of Completion in Medical Billing, Coding, and Insurance, graduates will be able to:
- Define medical terms and identify body systems and functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the ethical/legal aspects of medical office employment.
- Demonstrate skills in coding and billing for medical reimbursement.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets, database, presentations, and word processing documents commonly used in businesses.
- Demonstrate skills required for administrative responsibilities in a medical facility.
Contact a member of our faculty or staff member.