The Business Management curriculum provides students with the essential business skills and knowledge necessary to achieve success in starting a business and in creating new job opportunities. Students receive experience in creating a business plan and a marketing plan for a new or existing business. Management techniques, accounting practices, and legal requirements are emphasized; written and oral communication skills are developed. The Business Management Department works closely with the business community to coordinate the appropriate skills, knowledge, and experiences to prepare students to become effective entrepreneurs.
- Applying financial and managerial accounting principles to new and existing businesses.
- Using marketing practices as a set of processes for creating, capturing, communication, and delivering value to customers.
- Creating a business plan for a new business.
- Communicating business concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Utilizing information technology and software tools to solve business problems.
Upon completion of the Business Administration B.A. degree, students will:
- The student will demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills by composing a professional quality business document, and preparing and delivering a professional presenta-tion on business topics.
- The student will effectively apply knowledge and skills in the functional areas of business.
- The student will recognize and apply various lead-ership styles appropriate to Indian Country.
- The student will analyze ethical implications of decision-making in a business and cultural context.
- The student will analyze financial information andpresent it in a professional manner.